Cornbread and Ale Beer Bread MixPrecio habitual $9.50
If you love beer bread and want to try different flavors of it, check out our selection of beer bread mixes. This mix is the Cornbread and Ale mix; a very moist version of cornbread with a light sweetness. Great bread to get creative with.
A great gift for those bread eating foodies or bake for a get together to make an impression. This is my favorite bread with soups, especially chili.
- 100% all natural ingredients
- Dairy and soy free
- made in a nut free facility
- this mix doesn't spoil if properly stored in a dry place but for best quality we suggest baking within 3 years of purchase.
- super easy to make: just add beer, mix, and bake. One mix makes one loaf of bread. Use a standard size loaf pan.
- Can also make muffins with the mixes, just adjust baking time to about half as a loaf (about 23 mintues)
A portion of profits go toward a food related humanitarian effort. Check out the "combating hunger" section for more info or sign up for our newsletter for updates.
Below are some common questions and answers along with baking instructions but if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to message us.
Bread Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
- Do I have to use beer? Even though the alcohol burns off during baking, if you want an "alcohol free" version you can use "fizzy" water like club soda and sparkling water. It's not recommended to use regular soda since it's too sweet.
- What kind of beer is best to use? This is where you get to be creative and add your own style to your bread. The subtle taste of beer can be minimal or more prominent depending on the beer you choose. Darker beers will bring more taste of beer while lighter colored beers will bring less. If you are not a lover of the taste of beer, we suggest using Budweiser or similar and you will not taste the beer in your bread. Using "fruity" type beers also brings out a tiny hint of the fruit in the bread. So for the apple fritter bread, we suggest using an apple cider for more sweetness, but any beer would work. If you'd like a "beer pairing list" just send us a message.
- Can I use an electric mixer or bread machine? NO. Just stir yourself using a wooden spoon and/or your hands. Using a mixer or bread machine will ruin the mix because they will cause the carbonation of beer to create large air pockets in the bread while baking and the bread will not bake properly.
- Can I freeze the bread after baking it? Yes, the bread can be frozen for up to 2 months.
1. Pour mix into a bowl
2. Pour in 12 oz of beer
3. Stir with wooden spoon until all flour is mixed in
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.