A simple, traditional, and delicious recipe to make with your children for the holidays (or all year)! Make these cookies even more unique with one our our rolling pins with designs on them (https://www.thehandycupboard.com/collections/handmade-cookware/baking-tools)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light
- Add egg and molasses
- Sift dry ingredients and gradually add to wet ingredients
- Divide dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes (use plastic wrap)
- If you want to shape into little gingerbread men using a cookie cutter then roll out the dough to your desired thickness and cut out the cookies and put on baking sheet about an inch apart).
- If you want to use one our our rolling pins with intricate designs on them ( ) then roll out the dough with a regular rolling pin then go over the flattened dough with one of our designed pins. Note: put flour on the rolling pins to prevent the dough from sticking to them.
- Bake at 350 for about 9-11 minutes.
Recipe was from https://sweetrollingpins.com/collections/recipes