If you love chocolate chip cookies (especially the nestle ones) but looking for a healthier cookie, try these out! This recipe has less sugar, no butter, more proetin, and more nutrients than your typical cookie and taste super similar. My son loves them and I feel a little more comfortable giving him these than a regular cookie. These have been a hit everytime I've taken them to the farm'ers market. Try it out and let me know what you think.
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Beat together coconut oil, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- In seperate bowl, whisk together chickpea flo, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat together until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
If you try these out please let me know your thoughts and any changes that you made. Thanks!
Altered recipe from amitiouskitchen.com