One of my favorite snack or dessert recipes and always a family favorite! This dessert appetizer goes great with apples (especially gala), pretzels, and graham crackers.
How to make 1 batch (if you'd like to make 2 batches like I usually do for family get-togethers/parties then just double the below ingredients)
- 1 block (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened (I prefer Philadelphia brand)
- 1/2 unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar (domino brand has a better texture than the cheaper brands
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips
- optional: 1/2 cup of heath toffee bits
- Beat with a mixer the cream cheese and butter together in large bowl until smooth.
- Add confectioners' sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to the mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in with a spoon the chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Refrigerate for about an hour then serve. Make sure you keep this refrigerated when it's not being served.
Let me know if you like this recipe or not! Thanks :)
Leave a comment