A classic family dish that is easy to make and sure to satisfy everyone in the family. You can make this plant-based dish completely vegan if you wish.
- 1 lb macaroni
- ½ cup unsalted butter (ghee for plant based)
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups unsweetened oat milk or unsweetened almond milk (regular milk is also delicious if you aren't vegan/plant-based)
- 2 Tbsp Cheesy Bacon Seasoning
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs or whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp olive oil (or coconut oil melted)
- 1 tsp Cheesy Bacon Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni in a pot of salted water for two minutes less than package instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the cheesy bacon sauce: melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, then stir in the flour until it is all absorbed and makes a paste. Slowly add the milk a little at a time, stirring until absorbed before adding more milk. It should reach a thick but pourable consistency - if it is too thick, add more milk. Take off the heat and stir in the Cheesy Bacon Seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the cheesy bacon sauce and cooked macaroni, then pour into a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir the breadcrumbs with 2 tsp oil and 1 tsp Cheesy Bacon Seasoning. Scatter over the top of the macaroni & bake for 15 mins until piping hot & crisp. Enjoy!
Pro tip: Boil the macaroni in 2 cups water with 3 cups milk to get a really creamy result.
Altered recipe from Deliciou.com
Let me know what you think of this recipe!
Dejar un comentario