If you've tried some of our unique flavored peanuts at a farmer's market, you know these delicious nuts are a great pantry staple and snack to have in your home or office. Very easy to make, delicious, and nutritous.
- 2 cups raw virginia peanuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Seasoning of choice. Maple Bacon, Nacho Cheese, and Everything Bagel are the seasonings we make for the farmer's markets but you can use any seasoning you want.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put peanuts and olive oil in large bowl and mix well with a spoon until all peanuts seem to have a coating of oil on them.
- Then use enough seasoning to lightly cover the top layer of oiled peanuts and mix well. You will need to adjust seasoning to taste (I usually use about 1/4 of the bottle of seasoning with this but you may want to use more or less).
- Put in oven and roast for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring the nuts around at about the halfway point.
- Let cool before eating and putting in any containers/bags for leftovers. Using an airtight container/bag, these should last for a couple of months in a cool dry place.
And of course if you don't want to make flavored peanuts, you can buy different flavors online, go to your local grocery store, and on our website. Right now we currently offer Nacho Cheese Peanuts, Maple Bacon Peanuts, and Everything Bagel Peanuts that are $10 for a 1lb bag. Coming soon is our "Appalachian Peanuts" which will be roasted with our homemade wild ramp seasoning. Yum!