A healthier alternative to the traditional comfort food of carbonara, this vegan bacon carbonara recipe is delicious and easy to make! Instead of cream and butter, this recipe uses nutritional yeast and bacon flavored mushrooms that makes for a tasty, vegan entree.
- 16 oz spaghetti (or any pasta)
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced (about 10 mushrooms sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Bacon Seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 tsp Bacon Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 380F and line a baking tray with baking paper. Set aside.
- Toss shiitake mushrooms in a bowl with Bacon Seasoning and olive oil.
- Place mushrooms on the baking sheet spread out slightly. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Place all ingredients for the sauce in a food processor and pulse into a paste. Add more water if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Add sauce to a large saucepan and heat on medium-low heat.
- While sauce is heating, cook spaghetti based on package instructions.
- Once ready, add spaghetti and bacon mushrooms to sauce and stir through to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Let me know how you like this recipe and any alterations!
Original recipe from Deliciou.com
Laissez un commentaire